Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And So I continue...

Last week I spent in Provo, UT attending BYU's campus education week.  It was pretty cool.  I attended one class that talked about how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is really embracing electronic resources to spread the Gospel of Christ.  It made me feel like I really need to write on my blog. 

A lot has happened since I last wrote on this blog so I will try to get you up to date on what has been happening.  Elder M from Texas got a new companion Elder P got transferred and Elder V from the Philippines replaced him.  Elder M seemed very comfortable here we were able to visit fairly regularly and he kept us up to date on what was happening with the work.  Just when all was going great there was this influx of new missionaries in the mission and that meant there needed to be several more companionships created. In anticipation of that growth, we were asked to house the zone leaders for a short time so we got Elder C from Japan back for 2 weeks - I really liked him, so I was happy to have him come back.  The funny part is that he remembered about the scone parties, so we had a scone party just before they moved out. It was pretty fun to have 4 elders living in our home even though it was just for 2 weeks. 

They added 2 new elders to our stake (they don't live here in our house). The problem with adding 2 elders to our stake meant that there weren't enough cars in the mission and Elder M was told that he shouldn't be riding bikes.  Long story short.. Elder M got transferred out and Elder V got a new companion who is actually assigned to one of the Brazil missions.  Elder T from Gilbert, Arizona is waiting for a visa and they say that it averages 7 months for the visa to be processed so if all goes well we can have him here for a while.  I really think he is a great elder.  He is fresh out of the MTC and already doing great things.  I feel really bad because they don't have a car and since Elder T will not stay in the mission, he doesn't have a bike.  So for his first few days here I let him borrow my bicycle but that was a mistake because it is kind of a junk bike and so he got a flat tire the first day, so the Stake President noticed them walking the bikes and took them to their appointment and took the tire to get fixed.  Well he couldn't get the tire back on the bike right and so he ended up walking the bike a second time.  There is no way it was his fault, but I am sure he felt bad about it.  But I really feel bad for all the problems I caused him.  Anyway I think that there are a lot of members who are providing rides for our elders. The day the bike broke down the elders went to a lesson and the man they taught just wanted to argue about silly stuff. This man was kind of rude to them and there were bad feelings starting to develop but at this very moment The Stake President felt the need to go pick them up.  President Howell is a very inspired man and Elder T and Elder V learned a great lesson about trusting our leaders.  

I think the lack of a car can be a really good thing because it requires the elders to get rides from members.  When the members get to see the awesome young men who are serving in this area they will get to know the elders and feel more motivated to provide them more missionary opportunities. 

Well, that's too much for this blog, I will try to write less on the next blog, but maybe write more frequently.

Please continue to pray for our missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment