Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I LOVE These Guys

Sometimes I just connect with one of the missionaries more than others.  And this must be the case with Elder T from Arizona.  It's so much fun to get to know these dedicated servants on a more personal level. When most members see the missionaries they are pretty serious about the Gospel and  they are always at there best.  When they are home in their apartment they have the opportunity to be more relaxed.  
I tell all the elders on their first day here that this is THEIR home and they need to feel comfortable to ask for whatever they need if they can't find it.  They have free access to the whole house and I will be upset if they don't make themselves at home here.  So with that as background here's how the past few weeks have gone.  
Two weeks ago the faucet in the apartment kitchen was leaking, so I went down to look at it.  While I was down there Elder T asked me if I could show him how to sew a button on his shirt. (you can learn anything by searching on google).  So the next day I went down and walked Elder T through how to sew on a button.  I told him that my mom would be happy to do it for him, but he wanted to do it himself because he would need to know how when he got to Brazil.  He was very grateful for the help. He did a great job sewing the button.

The bike saga continues.  Our area covers lots of dirt paths on the side of the road that have way too many thorns so it is almost a daily occurrence for either Elder V or Elder T to have a flat tire.  So the hint here is that if you live in an area that has missionaries on bikes, keep extra inner-tubes handy so that if you see them pushing, rather than riding the bike you can offer them a spare.  They will love you for it.  Right now Elder V is borrowing a bike from one of the zone-leaders and Elder T is using another one from the mission office (the first one had tires so old that the rubber was rotting).

I think that the ninja wars might be starting up again, last week I found some ninja's in a sort of pyramid on my keyboard (one was holding 4 others one on each knee and one on each shoulder) and today there was one hanging from the ceiling fan.  I know who did this. and his initials are KT.  

so the note on this one says "Ye are the light of the world... Let your light so shine." -Matthew 5:14-16.  there is a ninja and light stick hanging from the light. This made me laugh.  I absolutely love these guys!  

Well that is enough for today.  Keep praying for our missionaries. While you are praying for our missionaries, pray that you will be able to provide opportunities for the missionaries to share the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment