Monday, September 23, 2013

Goodbye and Hello (for a few days anyway)

Today Elder T from Arizona left for Brazil. It was pretty sad to see him leave, but I am totally excited for him because he is absolutely ready to teach. I just pray that the language will come quickly for him.  The people of Florianopolis Brazil will be so blessed to have him there.  
Today we got a new Elder from Cedar City, Utah he is Elder R and he is waiting for a visa too.  His call is to Florianopoliis Brazil also. He arrived in the mission the same time as ElderT but he is still waiting for a visa. He was with the zone leaders but that meant that there was a companionship of 3 elders so now that there is a place here he is companion with elder V from Philippines. There is a chance that he could be here just one day because official transfers are tomorrow.

Here's this week's events. Friday night the missionaries had no appointments so they needed to do some contacting all over the city, but since they are on bikes they needed a driver.  I was lucky enough to be that driver.  It was so awesome to be able to see these two young men share the message of the restoration.  One of the visits went really great and Elder T invited someone to be taught and they accepted, they go back Tuesday.  They made a few more visits and made some more appointments, then we went to another ward area and had a totally different experience.  We knocked on a member's door who hadn't been to church for a long time and she said that she wasn't interested.  The elders tried to find out what her concerns were but she didn't want to discuss that with strangers, then Elder V started bearing his testimony to her and she said Whoa, whoa.  That's enough and dismissed us. That is the first time I can remember ever hearing someone interrupt a testimony.  I feel very sad for her.  We had a similar result at a different house just down the street.  I feel sorry for those members who have lost their way, it doesn't make sense to me, but I guess they must feel like Jesus Christ is kind of like Santa Claus and they are just too old to believe in the Savior of the world.  Sad indeed.

Saturday night my nephews came over and waited for the elders to come home and they attacked the elders when they came up the driveway.  Pretty funny and it lightened things up a bit.  

I just heard about transfers and I worst fears came true.  Elder V is leaving and Elder R is also leaving and he won't even be here a full 24hr day.  That really makes me sad.  I guess that Heavenly Father has a greater need for these great missionaries somewhere else.  I sure hope the new guys keep their appointments made last Friday night.  It sounds like there are lots of changes throughout the mission.  I hear that one of the elders coming here is Elder C.  

Well that's all for this week.  I need to go to bed and I'm kind of sad about the changes, so I will end this one.  
As always keep praying that God blesses His missionaries.  I know He loves them all.
Please do your part to help the missionaries in your area, God will bless you for it and you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment